Sunday, October 25, 2009

Get ready for Nanowrimo!

And.......action!

Greetings, and welcome to the my live novella: Selective Memory.  This is a project in participation with nanowrimo.  If you're unfamiliar with nanowrimo, you can check it out here.  Nanowrimo is a website dedicated to National Writers Month - November.  Every November, nanowrimo hosts a contest: write a 50,000 word novella in one month.  The rules are that you don't start writing anything until the 1st of November.  The idea is to start with something fresh and new, however, it's hard not to think about something you want to write about.  Even as I registered on the site, I was already drumming up ideas on what I'd write about.  You write at least 50,000 words in your novella, upload it, and nanowrimo does the rest.  They'll officially count your words and you get ranked.  If you win, the only prize you get is the satisfaction in completing such a task.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm an artist first.  Drawing, airbrushing, painting - whatever.  But I also like to write.  So, I've given my idea a home that I can share as I'm updating my nanowrimo.

Why here and not the actual nanowrimo site?  Because in order for you to see all my musings and make comments, you'd have to become members.

My novella will be titled: Selective Memory.  I don't have the entire story laid out just yet, but the premise of the story is about a man who fakes his own amnesia in order to try and forget about his own misfortunes.  This comedy will have some not-for-children language, so I take no responsibility for the corruption of your children should they read this.  I will start the first segment on November 1st (hopefully...tentatively...maybe).  I hope to post each day or at least every few days.  Each post will be the next segment in my novella.  What you will read here is what I'll be submitting to nanowrimo.

So, please feel free to read along and comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment